How and when to apply
Applications for Master¡¯s programmes must be submitted in the Danish application portal. You need to create a profile in the application portal in order to submit your application(s) for the study programme(s) of your choice.
Please note: You are responsible for keeping yourself updated on the status of your application by often logging into the application portal and by reading and responding to any new messages.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes all applicants regardless of personal background or belief.
AAU?encourages applicants from all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply. You can read about SU ¨C The Danish students? Grants and Loans Scheme?here?(only for European students) and find information about tuition waivers?here?(only for non-EU students).
Aalborg University accepts a maximum of 3 priorities for each applicant to a Master's programme. Any application with priorities exceeding this amount will be rejected without further notice.
Please note, you can only receive one offer of admission. You will be offered admission to the highest prioritised programme possible.
1 March 23:59 CET.?
The Application Portal opens medio December.?
You will receive an answer to your application no later than 10 June.
?Available study places after the first round of admission
We will announce available study places 20 June. Keep an eye on www.masteradmission.aau.dk. Qualified applicants are offered admission according to the first-come-first served principle.?
Please note that it is only possible for non-EU citizens to apply for available study places if they have a valid Danish residence permit.
15 October 23:59 CET.?
The Application Portal opens medio August.?
You will receive an answer to your application no later than 10 November.
Please note that not all programmes are offered in February.?
Download guide?to the Application Portal:
Have you visited the site FAQ? If you are still experiencing problems please contact AAU It Service: email@example.com.
Please note that this email is only for IT support. If you have general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The entire set of documentation must be uploaded to each of your applications. For ease of understanding, please merge each individual document into one file before uploading. For instance - If?you have transcripts of six?pages, please merge them into one file.
Please note: Aalborg University does not accept documents sent by post or email.
If the documents you have uploaded are not sufficient, you will be requested to submit further documentation. We will give you a detailed explanation of extra documentation we need from you and give you a deadline for uploading it to us.
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor¡¯s degree, please upload your transcript - see deadline for uploading the final diploma) (translated into English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor¡¯s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses (translated?into English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test. Hence test result is not necessary when applying (see deadline for uploading the final test result). Please check our English requirements.
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor¡¯s studies?or?another official description of your Bachelor¡¯s degree in English (if available)
You will find selection criteria on our master programmes with restricted admission. Examples of documentation use as selection criteria:
- Letter of motivation??
- CV / Resume
- Reference letters
To see if a programme is entry restricted and has selection criteria please visit the website for the specific programme.?
Further requirements for non-EU citizens
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens ¨C who already have a residence permit in Denmark)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university (if available) (only applies to non-EU citizens)?
If you are applying for the following programmes you must also prove your level of Mathematics.:?
- Building Energy Design
- Risk and Safety Management
?In order to do so, please upload:
- Upper Secondary School diploma
- Verification form?(not needed if the required level or higher in mathematics was an admission requirement for your bachelor from a Danish institution)
- If you do not hold a valid Danish residence permit: 1 June (September intake), 23 November (February intake)
- If you?hold a valid Danish residence permit: 1 September?(September intake), 1 February (February intake)
- September intake: 1 September?
- February intake: 1 February
- September intake: 1 September
- February intake: 1 February
Three possible decisions
We will answer your application with one of the followiing decisions:
You fulfil all requirements and have been offered a place at Aalborg University.
You do not fulfil the entire admission requirements. You will receive a message in the application portal which outlines the specific conditions you must fulfil and document before you can be fully admitted. The message states a deadline within which you must fulfil and document the admission requirements.
Please note that you cannot study at Aalborg University on a conditional admission. You must be fully admitted in order to initiate your studies, unless?you are admitted on the condition that you complete supplementary courses simultaneously with your studies here. The latter option is only possible for applicants holding an EU-citizenship.
You do not fulfil the admission requirements. It will be specified in the rejection message precisely which criteria you did not fulfil.
You must respond to the offer within the deadline stated in the message in the application portal. The offer can be either unconditional or conditional. Usually you will have only a few days to respond. You must respond to the offer, otherwise you will lose the offer, and the place will be passed on to the next qualified applicant.
Questions about the application procedure?
We have gathered some of the frequently asked questions about the application procedure.
9220 Aalborg East
|Monday||12:00 - 14:00|
|Tuesday||12:00 - 14:00|
|Thursday||12:00 - 14:00|
|Friday||12:00 - 14:00|